Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Working with the Culinary Team to provide a high standard of food services throughout the entire hotel. You must be passionate about creating eating experiences for our guests. An acute pallet, an appreciation for fresh ingredients, general knowledge of various cooking methods and a desire to serve our guests great food.
- Priorities menues, recipes and task sheets
- Plan and organize a logical work sequence within the time restraints
- Prepares all food items in a sanitary and timely way
- Develop and test new recipes
- Follows recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant
- Plan, prepare and produce a range of menu items including appetizers, salads, stocks, sauces, soups, eggs, vegetables, meats, poultry, seafood, hot and cold desserts, muffins, breads and pastry.
- Plan, prepare, display, service and clear buffet
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift
- Communicates with other staff members of the kitchen and hotel team
- Ensures high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen area.
- Has an understanding and a working knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all kitchen equipment.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of kitchen, coolers and all storage areas.
- Minimize food spoilage
- Evaluate food products to ensure quality standards are consistently attained.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment and services, ordering and inventory control
- Perform miscellaneous job-related dutes as assigned
- Attend kitchen meetings
Qualities & Attributes
- Have a passion for serving fresh food
- Food Safety Certificate, Hazardous Critical Control Points
- Have an established food safety plan, holding proceedure and temperature controls for every menu item from preparation to holding and service.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife hnadling skills
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Good time management skills
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self motivated and organized
- Committment to quality service
Hospitality Inns & Suites
9820 - 86 Avenue,
Fort Saskatchewan AB
Toll Free: 1-877-998-2770